Sunday, October 23, 2011

Your Business Education Can Begin Here



The book is The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business by Josh Kaufman.  I stumbled upon this book when I was doing a search for some great business books.  I decided to give it a shot.  I was intrigued by the notion of self-education since the last formal school I graduated from was the US Naval Nuclear Power pipeline.  It was a great learning experience, but did not offer many applications to the business world. I had read several books in the Portable MBA Series in the mid and late 1990’s, but I failed to see the real-world applications of the knowledge.  Don’t get me wrong, I think the Portable MBA Series are great books!

I started my career as a “self-educated” entrepreneur over 20 years ago and my education was basically one where I signed up for various businesses and I gave people my money.  I then would operate my business with very little success outside of great learning experiences. I did get a lot of tax write-offs, but did not succeed in business to a level of my liking.

I decided to expand and identify my business education after putting my arrogance aside and taking a serious look at my results.  I LOVE THIS BOOK!  Josh gives a lot of real-world applications that makes this book a great reference book as well.  Instead of a PhD trying to show you what you would have learned from graduating from an Ivy League MBA program, this book shows you what the applications of various academic principles are to running a successful business.  It also gives you some suggested reading that will certainly help you educate yourself further in several topics of business study.

Remember, the object in business is to succeed.  This book can help you find your way to succeed in business.  Keep this book as a reference guide after you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment